EOFTI Rental Policy
Retinal Scan Policy and Disclosure Statement
- It is the policy of EOFTI to require each of its tenants to provide a retinal scan as a condition of tenancy.
- The sole purpose of this policy is to help provide a safe and secure environment for all of our storage rental tenants and our staff.
- EOFTI takes reasonable precautions to ensure that your privacy is protected and keeps all retinal scans in a secure place.
- Upon voluntary or involuntary termination of your tenancy, your retinal scan will be returned to you or destroyed upon request.
Storage Unit information
- All storage box sizes are approximate
- We reserve the right to make substitutions for a reserved storage unit as long as the same amount of total reserved square footage is equal to or greater than the original reservation.
- Facility rules are strictly enforced. Customers should contact their concierge prior to arrival if they are unfamiliar with the facility rules.
- All advertised storage unit prices are based upon availability and storage box size.
The Reservation Process
- A reservation will guarantee your storage unit, including the box size, number of storage boxes, rate and any potential savings.
- A hold will not guarantee the unit details but is based on a space available basis only. A hold will last 72 hours and the rental agreement and payment must be made in order to either reserve a storage box(es) or to rent if readily available.
- A $100.00 refundable reservation deposit is required to make a reservation. The $100.00 refundable deposit is based on the rental start date. The rental start date can be for up to 30 days out. If the rental agreement is finalized by this date then the $100.00 is applied to your first month’s rent. If the reservation is cancelled prior to this date the deposit is refundable in full. If the rental agreement is not finalized by that date then the deposit is not refundable.
Deposit: A damage deposit in the amount of $500.00 US will be required. Deposit will be refunded on the same day of contract completion or upon a 30 day notification from when rent is due ( 1st of the month) to the Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent of Tenant vacating and only upon leaving security box(es) in proper working order and in clean condition.
Storage Box Rent: Due on the first (1st) of the month and must be brought into our facility or mailed and postmarked on or by the fifth day of the month. If payment is not received or post-marked by the fifth day of the month a $150.00 late fee shall be assessed per day. There will be a $35.00 charge for all NSF checks.
Lease Period: Shall be a month to month tenancy or tenant can opt to pay for a block of time in advance
Yearly Payment: Shall be non-refundable. A 10% discount will be applied on the total twelve month rental rate. If multiple years are paid for in advance the additional years will then receive a 12.5% discount for each year paid for
Proration of Rent: Rent will be pro-rated going into the initial month. If the Tenant fails to occupy and/or vacate premises prior to the minimum 30 day term, Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent shall retain that portion of rent paid in advance
Contents: No explosives or highly flammable material or goods or noxious smelling items will be stored in the security boxes. Boxes will be tested by security staff prior to storage. If any evidence of a hazardous material is found seeping from or on or around the storage box, they will immediately be sent to our clean room within the facility.
If the staff discovers you have placed any hazardous material within the storage box the material will be cataloged and processed for immediate removal – and properly handed back to you once you are escorted out of the facility. The city HAZMAT team will then be alerted to the hazardous material found and also informed of your current location.
Liability: Tenant is responsible for securing contents in their storage box(es). Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent does not carry contents insurance and is not responsible or liable directly or indirectly for loss or damage to what the Tenant stores in the storage boxes.
- Upon one month of non-payment, and if applicable, Tenant will be sent a statement indicating amount due. If Tenant does not wish to leave contact information with our office we will post a notice on our website of those units which are in default.
- Upon two months of non-payment, a cancellation of entry will be applied by the Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent and Tenant will not be able to gain access to the facility. If possible, Tenant will be sent by certified mail a written confiscation notice to be exercised 15 consecutive days following the date on the written notice.
- It shall not be necessary for Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent to petition any Court to have such a sale or to appoint an appraiser of any property stored on the premises.
- The Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent shall be under no obligation to produce no more than any amount more than necessary to pay rental due and/or reasonable cost of arranging for the disposition of such contents. If more is realized, the Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent will notify the Tenant of any such excess and therefore hold same in trust for the Tenant for 90 days at no interest. Failure to call for it within 90 day period or refusal to receipt for it shall terminate the trust and the Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent shall be entitled to keep such proceeds.
- Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent may dispose of contents such as papers, pictures, documents, or like personal property that might not be considered to have any dollar value in such manner as it sees fit.
- There will be a $500.00 charge for re-scanning the Tenant who has been locked out of the facility for non-payment of rent. There will also be a charge for the current postage rate of a certified letter (if applicable). This payment must be made in advance as the Tenant will be processed as a new user of the EOFTI Storage facility.
It shall be the duty of the Tenant to furnish the Landlord and/or Landlords’ Agent any change of address or phone number. If no information is to be left and the Tenant is to remain anonymous, the Tenant will need to check this page to see if payments are coming due.
Auction of Goods
At private auction any unclaimed boxes or boxes which have lapsed, after a certain period of time as described in this policy, will be opened by one of the attending concierges. At no time will anyone be allowed to view the mechanism of the storage chamber.